Agile Coach Job Description
(Company Name) is looking for an agile coach to drive the adoption and optimization of lean agile value and principles. The agile coach will work directly with teams to help raise the level of agility and play a key role in engaging with stakeholders at all levels of the organizations to help facilitate agile transformation across the enterprise.
The agile coach will also have the opportunity to work with a leading-edge IT organization with top talent and multiple technologies to address some of the most challenging issues facing companies today. Must have the ability to manage competing demands with professionalism and a win-win attitude.
Key Areas of Responsibilities
- Coach and mentor Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Agile teams and management to enhance agile/lean practices, release planning, Agile ceremonies, Kanban, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices.
- Develop appropriate improvement and coaching plans to build self-organizing teams
- Help teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration, and quality practices
- Provide coaching to the business roles of Product Management
- Coach and partner with Product Owners with backlog creating and grooming to ensure vision, roadmap and personas are well-defined and understood
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability and adaptability
- Perform ongoing assessment of team agile maturity
- Work with agile leaders to design and promote scaled agile transformation
- Support the quarterly release train planning processes
- Support an enterprise Agile COE with consistent training and coaching available to the whole of (Company Name)
- Facilitate positive change by providing advice and input on technical direction, tools and processes
- Potentially serve as Scrum Master for individual teams
- Deep understanding of SAFe and Agile with hands-on experience in Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and/or eXtreme Programing
- Consulting and facilitation skills in leading technical teams in the adoption and improvement of Agile mindset
- Excellent presentation and communication skills and strong time management skills
- Adaptive coaching style with the ability to work with teams at various levels and in different locations
- Experience in leading or developing solutions for change initiatives
- Scrum Master Certification or SAFe Agilist is required
- PMI-ACP certification is a plus