Sr. Agile Coach Job Description
SR. AGILE COACH JOB DESCRIPTION EXAMPLE
As an Senior Agile Coach, you will partner with product owners, scrum masters, agile teams, management as well as other agile coaches to enhance SAFe practices, release planning, agile ceremonies, Kanban, test driven development, continuous integration and continuous delivery practices. The Senior Agile Coach is essential to ensuring appropriate development improvement and coaching plans are in place to build self-organizing teams. The Senior Agile Coach position is responsible for helping teams continuously reflect and improve, becoming more effective in their roles and increasing their predictability, collaboration, and quality practices. In addition the Senior Agile Coach will mentor and support other agile coaches throughout the organization.
As part of the agile team, the Senior Agile Coach will bring strong consulting and facilitation skills in guiding organization leaders through the adoption and improvement of agile mindset. The Senior Agile Coach will also require excellent presentation and communication skills and strong time management skills. As a Senior Agile Coach you will also need an adaptive coaching style with the ability to work with teams at various levels and in locations around the world.
Additional responsibilities of the Senior Agile Coach include:
- Provide coaching to the business roles of Product Management
- Coach and partner with Product Owners with backlog creating and grooming to ensure vision, roadmap and personas are well-defined and understood
- Establish and implement metrics to optimize team delivery and measure business agility in terms of predictability, reliability and adaptability
- Perform ongoing assessment of team agile maturity
- Work with organizational leaders to design and promote scaled agile transformation
- Support the quarterly release train planning processes
- Build and support an enterprise Agile COE with consistent training and coaching available to the whole of the organization
- Facilitate positive change by providing advice and input on technical direction, tools and processes
- Advise strategic agile direction and work as an internal change agent
- 5+ Years of experience working in agile organizations with 2 years or more in an agile coaching role.
- Deep understanding of SAFe and Agile with hands-on experience in Scrum, Kanban, Lean, and/or eXtreme Programing
- Experience as a change agent leading process improvements in a large enterprise
- SAFe SPC Certification (Certified Program Consulting) or equivalent
- PMI-ACP certification
- LEAN process improvement experience
- Scrum Alliance CSP certification